If you live in Rhode Island, driving is an essential part of living life to the fullest. But that also means having a valid driver’s license—which can be tricky if your learner’s permit has already expired.
Don’t panic—renewing an expired permit isn’t as difficult as it sounds! This blog post will provide all the information and resources you need to get back on track and reclaim your freedom behind the wheel. From documents required for renewal to getting answers from state help centers, we have got you covered and will ensure nothing stops you from hitting the road again.
How Long Is Your Rhode Island Learners Permit Valid?
In Rhode Island, a learner’s permit is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. However, if you are under 18 years old at the time of application, your permit will expire when you turn 19—even if that’s more than one year after it was issued.
If your permit has expired, don’t worry! You can still renew it and get back on the road. Read on to find out more about how to renew your expired permit.
- A required valid form of identification includes an authentic birth certificate or current passport.
- Your initial driver’s education certification
- To authenticate your residence, please provide two valid documents as evidence.
- If the address you provide is associated with an individual who shares your last name, it could be linked to you.
- Rhode Island residents now is the time to pay for your learner’s permit fees and get the ball rolling toward driving freedom.
- If you are 18 years or older, registering for a permit will cost $7.50.
- For permit holders under the age of eighteen, the cost is only $12.50!
Renewing your Rhode Island learner’s permit is an important step to keep driving legally. The steps can seem a bit daunting, but staying organized and understanding what documents you need to provide ahead of time can make the process much smoother. Try to keep track of when your Rhode Island learner’s permit expires so that you know in advance and have enough time to collect the required documents.